Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-03-05 14:37:26

Furiousgeorge

Hello everyone

Hello from a true shakuhachi newcomer

Having blown on a shaku for the first time yesterday (3/4/07) at Ken Lacosse's awesome workshop, I can say I am about as new as they come. I did walk away with a deep appreciation for the instrument (as well as a nice 2.1 Chinese rootend piece) and I have been playing for hours since I got home. I hope to learn a lot, and maybe someday even contribute to the scene.

I have already found tons of useful info on the forum, even before I got to play. This is a great place, keep it up everyone. It has  a real good vibe and reflects very well on the shakuhachi community.

Thanks to all and a big hello,

Kevin Floerke

All Presence is born of Absence

#2 2007-03-05 17:14:40

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Re: Hello everyone

Welcome to the forum Kevin. I look forward to your posts. Best of luck with your future lessons!

KL

#3 2007-03-05 17:56:04

Michael Howard
Website

Kevin nice to meet you brother, you're off to a great start with one of Kens flutes, I truely hope this shakuhachi journey of yours brings you much fulfillment and joy!

Michael

The Tao is (like) the emptiness of a vessel; and in our employment of it we must be on our guard against all fulness. How deep and unfathomable it is, as if it were the Honoured Ancestor of all things!

www.kolbeflutes.com       http://www.myspace.com/bushidoshakuhachi

#4 2007-03-07 00:59:07

Furiousgeorge

Thanks for the kind words,

feel free to drop a line anytime to talk about anything at all; music, philosophy, history, martial arts. I am always down for a good conversation.

All Presence is born of Absence

Board footer