World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-03-06 10:55:42

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

Ghost of Shakuhachi Past

The Ghost of Shakuhachi Past returns for a visit. This time with a case of the travel bug.

Ghost of Shakuhachi Past

KL

#2 2007-03-06 19:26:13

Michael Howard
Website

Re: Ghost of Shakuhachi Past

Ahh Shakuhachi it's like a beautiful spring day here and jeez, almost 68 degrees! We must travel to my favorite Japanese gazebo zen garden by the water almost an hour away, no time to waste friend, let's do it while that giant yellow orb is still radiating, oh and bTW, thanks for being my consistant companion.

The Tao is (like) the emptiness of a vessel; and in our employment of it we must be on our guard against all fulness. How deep and unfathomable it is, as if it were the Honoured Ancestor of all things!

www.kolbeflutes.com       http://www.myspace.com/bushidoshakuhachi

#3 2007-03-06 23:05:15

radi0gnome
Website

Spring? Here in NY we've got single digits. BTW Micheal, I saw your staff flutes on Ebay. Are both ends open on those? I mean, can you see through the entire tube, or is there a cork or some other kind of stop in those.

"Now birds record new harmonie, And trees do whistle melodies;
Now everything that nature breeds, Doth clad itself in pleasant weeds."
~ Thomas Watson - England's Helicon ca 1580

#4 2007-03-06 23:31:21

Michael Howard
Website

This weather is a mess really, last week we had 8 inches of snow and very cold weather, today it's blue skies and nearly 70!! I just talked with a buddy of mine back inyour area, doesn't sound like a party! The staff flute has it's natural node, when I cut the non flute end the node was a little decayed inside so i just cut it out. On my smaller sideblowns I always cork e'm, I have a buddy of wine who owns a french restaurant and gives me some beautiful wine corks.

The Tao is (like) the emptiness of a vessel; and in our employment of it we must be on our guard against all fulness. How deep and unfathomable it is, as if it were the Honoured Ancestor of all things!

www.kolbeflutes.com       http://www.myspace.com/bushidoshakuhachi

Board footer