Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-03-11 21:01:08

Zentinel

Greetings from Zentral Canada!

Hello everybody!

I was referred to this forum by a good man named Michael Howard. Very generously, he made me my beloved Shakuhachi in October 2006. I'm without a teacher, but I'm a fan of Michael's work, as well as Peter Phippen and Nyoraku. I fell in love with the organic qualities of the bamboo instrument that I can take with me almost anywhere. In the sun or the rain, and in the snow (only for a short while).

My other interests are Budo Taijutsu (Ninjutsu), Chess and Go, Philosophy and Psychology, and I'm a proud 7-string guitarist. I play both Death Metal and Ambience... From one extreme to the other. smile Hey, what can I say? I'm an extreme guy! Hahaha.

I look forward to learning from shakuhachi players from all over the world and sharing my insight.

Shadespeed.
   -Nicholas

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o305/Scareraven/NicholasSouthSask4.jpg

Last edited by Zentinel (2007-03-11 21:03:52)

#2 2007-03-11 21:23:50

Michael Howard
Website

Re: Greetings from Zentral Canada!

Greetings my zen brother, we still need to have that game of chess! I'm sure your time here will be well worth it friend, namaste!

The Tao is (like) the emptiness of a vessel; and in our employment of it we must be on our guard against all fulness. How deep and unfathomable it is, as if it were the Honoured Ancestor of all things!

www.kolbeflutes.com       http://www.myspace.com/bushidoshakuhachi

#3 2007-03-11 21:52:58

Zentinel

Ahh! There you are! You've got a good eye. Thanks for the welcome e-mail. Hopefully I'll have time to pick up some things between working on guitar, french, and my university courses. big_smile
I've got an account at RedHotPawn.com as "Nther". Correspondence Chess is the way to play for university students. ^^ Haha. Namaste, Michael!

#4 2007-03-11 22:25:25

dstone
Website

Welcome, Nicholas.

Looks like you make the best of the Canadian winter, which is as it should be!  Over here on the left coast, the best I can do in our dark, wet winters is play a flute in the rain...   smile

-Darren.

When it is rainy, I am in the rain. When it is windy, I am in the wind.  - Mitsuo Aida

Board footer