Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-06-12 12:06:48

Alex

Shamisen

Hello everybody,

A friend of mine is interested on buying a shamisen for her mother and has asked me to get one for her when I next visit Japan. Does anybody know how much they cost (one that sounds decent) and where can I find a shop (in Tokyo if possible but could do Kobe, Osaka or Kyoto if necessary) where I can find them?

Thanks a lot

Alex

"An artist has got to be careful never really to arrive at a place where he thinks he's "at" somewhere. You always have to realise that you are constantly in the state of becoming. And as long as you can stay in that realm, you'll sort of be all right"
Bob Dylan

#2 2008-02-18 21:07:25

Eclipse
Troll

Re: Shamisen

Where do you live? go to www.kotosandmore.com they have kotos, shamisen, shakuhachi. I believe they ship outside the USA...I am pretty sure.

#3 2008-02-18 21:30:59

edosan
Edomologist

I  suggest sending an email to Forum member David Sawyer: http://shakuhachiforum.com/profile.php?id=142

His wife, Yoko Hiraoka, is a master Koto and Shamisen player, speaks first-rate English, and I'm sure she'd be happy to
advise you on brands, pricing and shops in Japan.

eB

Zen is not easy.
It takes effort to attain nothingness.
And then what do you have?
Bupkes.

#4 2008-02-19 04:17:31

Alex

Hi there!

Well, I posted this a while ago (before my last trip to Japan) becasue a friend had asked me to buy one for her. Anyway, I didn't finally get it so thankyou for the references. I will give her a second chance to get on the wonderful world of Japanese music!

Muchas gracias

"An artist has got to be careful never really to arrive at a place where he thinks he's "at" somewhere. You always have to realise that you are constantly in the state of becoming. And as long as you can stay in that realm, you'll sort of be all right"
Bob Dylan

#5 2008-03-02 21:01:02

Caligium

Board footer