Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-01-05 12:07:07

KenC

Good Day.

I'm brand new to Shakuachi and going throught the usual.  Which flute to buy, what playing guides to start, style, instructors in my area.  I bumped into Shakuachi by accident in a Zen Buddhist forum exchange, one thing led to another  I'll be playing for enjoyment and poissibly intergrate a bit into my meditations at some point.  In any case taking it a step at a time as it develops.

I've gained a good bit of information off this forum and have decided to pick up a Yuu to begin and progress from there when my playing is more comitted.  Then probably one of MOnty's Student or Advanced Student flutesHave also decided to pick up Carl Abbots book/CD combo as a start.

I did find the address of someone the next town from me (talk about luck) that has been playing for better than 10 years and am in the process of contacting them.

I'm sure i'll be posting some questions and thak you all in advance for bearing with someone so new.

Best wishes to all

Ken C

#2 2006-01-06 03:25:01

Yu-Jin

Re: Good Day.

Hi Ken, Welcome to the forum. Where do you live?
-Eugene-

#3 2006-01-06 07:43:37

KenC

Yu Jin,  Thank you for asking.  I've updated my profile to reflect my location.

#4 2006-01-07 20:22:34

steven

Welcome,

Keep us posted on how you like the flute and the learning materials you are getting.

Board footer