Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2007-12-02 15:07:23

Musgo da Pedra
Website

Some soul to help a shaku student isolatedof other shakuhachi players?

I live in the end south of Brazil and there is not anybody that play shakuhachi there are many kilometers of it distances from where I live.... I began to play and to make (since I began in my own ones) shakuhachi in 2001... Passed year (2006) I bought some books on construction and guides to play. This year, unhappily under bad events (my father passed away) I could buy a professional shakuhachi and to compare with the ones that has been doing (that is another subject). With the small amount that he left I decided myself to buy a flute 1.8 Tai I Have... I am happy with her... 

The subject now, is that  I would like a teacher to study more seriously... I don't have money to pay classes in dollar, once my budget is really short. Could anybody give some support? I will be eternally thankful...

Last edited by Musgo da Pedra (2007-12-02 17:59:03)

Omnia mea mecum porto

#2 2007-12-02 17:37:41

Kerry

Re: Some soul to help a shaku student isolatedof other shakuhachi players?

Musgo da Pedra wrote:

With the small amount that he left I decided myself to buy a flute 1.8 Tai I Have... I am quite happy with her...

Sorry about your father's passing....
I've been making and playing since 2003 and realize I need to move to where a teacher lives, after my daughter graduates from college. I've learned a tremendous amount through Stan Richardson's lesson CDs. They are very good. And listen to the honkyoku that resonate with you, as much as you can. Be patient, save your money, play the flute you're happy with for now and the future will be good. That eternal thankfulness goes a long way.smile   -kerry

The temple bell stops, but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers. -Basho

#3 2007-12-02 17:54:12

gmiller

Sorry to hear about you Father.....
shakuhachi.com (Monty Levenson) offers a Shakuhachi scholarship yearly; you might want to check this out....

Best of luck

George

#4 2007-12-02 18:12:03

Musgo da Pedra
Website

I would like to ask pardon because I am not very good in English... I still need to use the dictionary and the times that I write it is not exactly that that I would like to say... Anyway eternally thankful is really a long time but I don't care with the time... because he doesn't take me anything that cannot be lost...

Peace

Omnia mea mecum porto

#5 2007-12-06 17:53:40

Kiku Day
Shakuhachi player, teacher and ethnomusicologist
Website

Musgo da Padra,

Do you have good enough internet connection to have online lessons? You need broadband. We are several teachers doing this. I am just beginning to do it since I am not all the time in London, where most of my students are. Would this be an idea for you?

Kiku

I am a hole in a flute
that the Christ's breath moves through
listen to this music
Hafiz

Board footer