Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-01-25 17:02:21

ericv
Website

Eric from Delaware, Ohio

Greetings all.  I was introduced to this site by a fellow student who thought this community might be interested in my pens.  I am a studen of Chicuzen Gould and have just begun.  Working with a Yuu.  I'm at the point of Kyo Rei after having attained decent otsu sound consistency.  Working and struggling with Kan. 

I began by obtaining a CD of Michael's - how I'm not sure now.  One day while listening it struck me that I should learn how to play, despite never having any success playing a musical instrument.  I sang in a rock band and failed several times at learning guitar - or should I say guitar never gripped me enough to plow through the learning curves.  Shakuhachi  not so.  I'm determined to play the stuff I hear from those who have paved the way.

Things happen quite oddly by chance sometimes.  I emailed Michael who was luckily already teaching nearby despite living in Michigan.  Like we discussed during my first lesson "when the student is ready, the teacher will appear". 

I also practice Zen Buddhism and blog about it.  I've come to the point in my life where my practice is increasingly important to me and I am enjoying the journey.

Feel free to visit me at www.shakblog.com and see what I'm up to. 

I look forward to getting to know you all, both on and offline.

Last edited by ericv (2006-01-25 17:05:58)

Shakpens:::Write like you blow  www.shakblog.com

#2 2006-01-28 16:25:36

nyokai
shihan
Website

Re: Eric from Delaware, Ohio

Welcome Eric!

You have a great teacher.

#3 2006-01-31 08:22:36

ericv
Website

Re: Eric from Delaware, Ohio

Thanks!  I agree.  The group of other students has also been very supportive and helpful.  I hope that everyone wishing to play could be so lucky.

Shakpens:::Write like you blow  www.shakblog.com

Board footer