World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-04-13 17:35:08

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

New Practice Forum

Greetings. About six months ago I posted this to our esteemed Sensei Moderators.

Tairaku wrote:

All this discussion of practice vs. flute worship has made me realize we don't have a special section for practice tips and regimes. Would any of our esteemed Sensei be interested in being the moderator for a new "Practice" section? This would consist of generating some tips, encouraging them from others and correcting the inevitable mistakes and misconceptions the novices come up with.

The tips Kakizakai and Nyokai have posted on the web are great resources. I also love Nyoraku's book of exercises. These would be good starting points and the forum format will also allow some interaction.

Let me know if you are interested in moderating this new forum. I don't want to. wink

Nobody wanted to do it! I don't want to either, not least because I think my own practice leaves a lot to be desired. However practice is the most important part of playing shakuhachi so it's probably a good idea to have a specific practice forum.

Of course there may appear to be too much overlap between the "Practice", "Ask the Pro" and "Technique" forums. If we can't keep the ideas straight we may combine the forums. But for now this forum is for suggestions toward better practice in general (macro), not questions about specific techniques (micro). This can include general practice advice, not necessarily directly related to shakuhachi.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#2 2008-04-13 18:43:20

nyokai
shihan
Website

Re: New Practice Forum

I think tthis is an excellent idea for a section -- maybe even the most important section of all. It's the elephant in the room.

#3 2008-04-13 18:49:25

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: New Practice Forum

nyokai wrote:

I think tthis is an excellent idea for a section -- maybe even the most important section of all. It's the elephant in the room.

That's a groove thang. Then maybe you can post some of your practice tips as individual posts here to get the ball rolling? cool

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer