World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-02-12 09:08:58

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Teachers on the East Coast USA

If you are a teacher on the East Coast USA, please post here.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#2 2006-02-12 13:20:35

Nyogetsu
Kyu Dan Dai Shihan
Website

Re: Teachers on the East Coast USA

Hi Everybody,

I've been teaching Shakuhachi full-time for over 33 years in NYC. My main teaching location, KiSUiAn Dojo has over 80 students in over 26 states and 6 Foreign countries. In addition to NYC, I teach in person in Philadelphia, Rochester/Syracuse, as well as Baltimore/Wahington D.C. For the past 25 years I have been teaching via cassettes, and more recently via "computer lessons".

I would like to invite anyone with any questions to visit my website <http://www.nyogetsu.com> or email me at <nyogetsu@nyogetsu.com> . Also, please feel free to call me anytime at : 917-207-6724

I look forward to hearing from you!
Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin

The magic's in the music and the music's in me...
"Do you believe in Magic"- The Lovin' Spoonful

#3 2006-02-12 16:23:47

James Nyoraku Schlefer
Dai Shihan
Website

Greetings

I am a shakuhachi teacher in New York City and have been teaching for ten years. Currently my dojo, Kyo-Shin-An, has 18 members. I teach Kinko style from the Jin Nyodo lineage in one hour weekly lessons where we learn classic honkyoku (Zen meditation music) sankyoku (Edo period chamber music) and the curriculum begins with folk songs and children's songs. Throughout the year I arrange practice sessions with koto and shamisen players, master classes with outstanding players who come to town, and students recitals, including an annual performance at the Sakura Matsuri at the Brooklyn Botanic Garden which is attended by over 40,000 people.  No musical background is necessary to start shakuhachi lessons and I have beginner instruments.

It is my great joy to play and teach shakuhachi. Please email or phone me for more information about my dojo.

James Nyoraku Schlefer
james@nyoraku.com
www.nyoraku.com
718-499-7793

Last edited by James Nyoraku Schlefer (2006-05-08 10:20:40)

#4 2006-02-12 22:41:01

nyokai
shihan
Website

Hello --

I am a teacher who lives in Portland, Maine. Besides lessons here in Portland I teach twice a month in Boston (at MIT), twice a month in southern New Hampshire, and once a month in western Massachusetts. I can also teach via online video.

I concentrate on Jin Nyodo lineage honkyoku as well as Kinko pieces,  sankyoku, and general musicianship. You can read more about me at http://www.nyokai.com.

Board footer