You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2008-05-16 16:45:55

Nyogetsu
Kyu Dan Dai Shihan
Website

Now Teaching in Upstate New York

Hi Everyone,

As I have recently moved to the idyllic small Upstate New York town of Narrowsburg, New York, I wanted to let all Upstate New Yorkers know that I will try to teach there on Monday evenings.

This is in Addition to my other teaching locations of New York City (3 days per week), Philadelphia (2 times per month), and Rochester/Syracuse (1 time per month), and Wash.D.C./Balt. (one time per month).

I also have been teaching via computer (originally cassette !) for over 25 of my 35 years of teaching full-time.
I have students in 28 states and 6 foreign countries.
I would like to take this time to tell you how the Computer Lessons work.

1-You would send me a check (either $65- for one lesson, or $200- for 4 lessons in advance, thus getting one free lesson...There is no time-limit on taking the 4 lessons), and I would send you back your first lesson with a book of notation (all notation included in the lesson price. Most computer (or cassette) “students” have decided to do “double-lessons”. That is certainly an option as well, but not advisable for your first few lessons. You could also send me money by using Paypal through my website. On the study programs prompt, if you scroll to the bottom, you can choose the  “SEND MONEY” option.

2-When you were ready (not when you felt that you really "mastered" the first lesson, as that may take quite a while!!) you would send me your version of the first lesson (The site that explains how to work with me via computer lessons is: <http://tinyurl.com/oksu2>
But if you have trouble understanding it, contact my student Tim Larkin <tsl1@cornell.edu> and he will walk you through it. He is very kind, and will patiently "walk you through" the steps, including more information on how we down-load the free recording device as well as help you with any problems you may have. .. My reply (in the case of either via cassette or computer) would consist of a "critique" as well as a new lesson...Thus lesson two is completed, and so on...

By the way, if you are ever in any of the places that I teach (New York City, Philadelphia, Syracuse, Wash. D.C., Baltimore, Rochester, etc....or any of the Monasteries that I do intensive weekends at, or my annual teaching trips to Mexico, or Japan, etc.), the price is the same for a face-to-face lesson as well as a cassette-lesson.

Looking forward to hearing from you….

Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin
PO Box 81
Narrowsburg, New York   12764

Phone: 917-207-6724
Email: Nyogetsu@gmail.com
Site: http://www.nyogetsu.com

The magic's in the music and the music's in me...
"Do you believe in Magic"- The Lovin' Spoonful

#2 2008-05-16 17:01:42

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Now Teaching in Upstate New York

Nyogetsu wrote:

Hi Everyone,

As I have recently moved to the idyllic small Upstate New York town of Narrowsburg, New York, I wanted to let all Upstate New Yorkers know that I will try to teach there on Monday evenings.

Does this mean you no longer have your apartment in NYC?

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2008-05-16 22:43:30

Nyogetsu
Kyu Dan Dai Shihan
Website

Well, we're renovating and then selling the co-op. But I will still be staying (and teaching) in my West Village studio on Wednesdays Thursdays and Fridays.
We're also selling our acre of land on the big Island of Hawaii. About 20 minutes from Hilo. Anyone interested?

The magic's in the music and the music's in me...
"Do you believe in Magic"- The Lovin' Spoonful

#4 2008-05-16 22:49:30

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Nyogetsu wrote:

We're also selling our acre of land on the big Island of Hawaii. About 20 minutes from Hilo. Anyone interested?

I'll trade you a flute and a bottle of Bombay Sapphire for it.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer