Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-05-13 18:26:47

cuetzpalin

Newcomer from Mexico City

Hello,

I'm 24, from Mexico City, and I've just received my first shakuhachi (I got the yuu to start with) a week ago.

As many of the fellow members of this forum, I've always rejected the New Age trends, so I didn't got involved in anything "eastern" until 5 years ago, when I started playing Go (Igo, wei-qi, baduk). I did practice karate in junior highschool, but nowadays martial arts rarely involve true eastern practices or philosophy.

While learning my first lessons on Go, I also started to learn lots about eastern thinking and disciplines. In Go, as in almost every eastern discipline, you often find proverbs that teach you not only about your art, but also about life itself. Also, if you're reflexive enough, you can also learn a lot about yourself while practicing.

While the months passed by, I learned to appreciate true eastern culture and got interested in getting to know more about it.

I'm also a melomaniac, so, a couple years ago, I went to a percussion ensemble concert, where I first heard shakuhachi played by Mitsuhashi Kifu sensei... my english falls short to describe what I experienced, but I know you understand what I mean. Almost immediatly I started buying some cd's and mp3 albums of shakuhachi.

I decided to learn how to play it in past december and after rising enough money to buy the yuu and some books, I'm finally ready to start my journey.

Kindest Regards,
Israel RN

#2 2009-05-13 19:42:37

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Newcomer from Mexico City

Starting out with Mitsuhashi Kifu! OK. That's a good place to start.

Good luck with your shakuhachi journey.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2009-05-13 20:01:05

axolotl
Website

Re: Newcomer from Mexico City

¡bienvenidos, cuetz!   That must have been an amazing concert.

Board footer