Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-11-24 15:52:52

Karmajampa
Website

Temuke for Pike River Miners

It is not often, thankfully, that a disaster hits a community like the one that has just hit the coal mining community on the West Coast of New Zealand's South Island.

Last Friday a massive explosion occurred in the Pike River mine, probably caused by a build-up of Methane, the chances of anyone surviving that was slim, two miners did get out, they were close to the entrance when the explosion happened, one of them was knocked unconscious, but 29 others were deep in the mine, they had just begun their shift.
The youngest was only 17, he had always wanted to be a miner, this was his first day and had only been down for half an hour.

After the explosion it was not possible to send in rescue teams as the atmosphere was poisonous and another explosion could occur at any time. Robots were sent in to monitor and video information. For all the families and friends of this mining community, the next five days was an emotional Hell waiting for information and development towards news of any survivors. The whole country has been drawn together by this trajedy.

Then yesterday a second huge explosion occurred which sealed the fate of anyone still alive in the mine.

Temuke is my choice to play on a variety of occasions, and sadly this is one of them. I wondered whether it is appropriate to post this on the Forum, but I am a Shakuhachi person and this Forum is a part of my shakuhachi Community.

Metta,
Kel.

Kia Kaha !

#2 2010-11-24 16:01:53

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Temuke for Pike River Miners

It's very appropriate, that's what Tamuke is for. Condolences to New Zealand.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer