Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2010-12-01 12:57:46

biru_ramen

Greetings From Flatland

Hello everyone! This is a fantastic forum and i am very thankful to be a part of it. I first started listening to shakuhachi recordings almost 20 years ago. I was reading David Liebman's "Portrait of a Jazz Artist", and he made a reference about how he was influenced by the shakuhachi. So i got a couple of cd's and listened to them a little bit, but they never really made an impression on me. And then, about six months ago, by chance, I started listening to the honkyoku posted on youtube and I was blown away. How could I have missed this for so long? It was like a deaf person hearing for the first time. So now i am trying to immerse myself in shakuhachi honkyoku, and i am grateful there are websites like this to help out the newbie. Thanks all.

#2 2010-12-01 12:59:36

Yungflutes
Flutemaker/Performer
Website

Re: Greetings From Flatland

Welcome! Love your handle...two of my favorite Japanese things next to shakuhachi.
Namaste, Perry

"A hot dog is not an animal." - Jet Yung

My Blog/Website on the art of shakuhachi...and parenting.
How to make an Urban Shakuhachi (PVC)

#3 2010-12-03 01:59:41

Josh
PhD
Website

Re: Greetings From Flatland

Hi,
  Welcome to the forum. There are plenty of us fellow honkyoku nuts out there. We're a pretty warm community though I think. Have fun exploring the depths of the forum and honkyoku.

Board footer