Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2014-12-31 00:15:30

Bogert

Anyone know anything about Hokyo sanya kyoku? 鳳叫三谷曲

I found an interesting piece of notation for a honkyoku called Hokyo sanya kyoku. 

I also found some information about the piece in Japanese.  I roughly translated it:

"It is one of the sanya (三谷)shakuhachi classical honkyoku pieces, said to have been passed down in the Myoan-Shinpo ryu school (Myoanji in Kyoto),
however it is not seen in those passed down by Katsuura Shôzan.
The rooster phoenix 鳳 and the hen phoenix called 凰 from ancient times are regarded as auspicious and divine birds.
The similarly named Hokyo koku (鳳叫虚空) of the Taizan school is a separate piece."

At first when I saw the piece I thought, oh it is another title for Hokyo Koku, then when I compared the pieces they are very different. 

I found the notation in an old collection of notation by Yamagami Tsukiyama (山上月山). 

Anyone know if there are any recordings out there of this one? I'd be very interested in hearing played. 

Also if anyone wants, I hand-wrote it out and can scan it to put on here if it would be okay. What do you think?

Chris

理趣経百字の偈
菩薩勝慧者 乃至尽生死 恒作衆生利 而不趣涅槃 般若及方便 智度悉加持 諸法及諸有    一切皆清浄 欲等調世間 令得浄除故 
有頂及悪趣 調伏尽諸有 如蓮体本染 不為垢所染    諸欲性亦然 不染利群生 大欲得清浄 大安楽富饒 三界得自在 能作堅固利

#2 2015-01-04 18:47:07

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Anyone know anything about Hokyo sanya kyoku? 鳳叫三谷曲

Bogert wrote:

Also if anyone wants, I hand-wrote it out and can scan it to put on here if it would be okay. What do you think?

Chris

Please do!

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer