Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-04-12 01:05:50

evan kubota

Can anyone record something for a film score?

I had the idea (at some point) that I'd be able to not only make a usable shakuhachi, but also learn enough to perform and record a brief (1-2 minute) piece for the end of a 16mm short I'm directing about Japan and WWII. At this point (as in all things), it seems tougher than it looked initially.

There seem to be some very good players here; would anyone be able to improvise something, or perform a simple honkyoku and record it, then allow me to use it in my film?

This is a very low budget production, entirely self-funded, and I would not be able to pay for the 'commission' of the piece or the right to use it. However, this is a historically and personally significant theme for me, and I hope someone would be able to help out.

I'm looking for a piece that is austere and powerful. It will be the only 'music' used in the film other than the sounds of nature. The title of the film is Seizon (trans. existence/being/survival).

Thanks,
Evan Kubota

#2 2006-04-12 01:54:01

kyoreiflutes
Website

Re: Can anyone record something for a film score?

I sent you an email through the forum's system.

-Eddie

"The Universe does not play favorites, and is not fair by its very Nature; Humans, however, are uniquely capable of making the world they live in fair to all."    - D.E. Lloyd

"Any man's death diminishes me, because I am involved in mankind, and therefore never send to know for whom the bells tolls; it tolls for thee."    -John Donne

#3 2006-04-12 10:47:48

evan kubota

Re: Can anyone record something for a film score?

My inbox is apparently bouncing. I sent you an email through the forum link also (the hotmail address).

Thanks,
Evan Kubota

Board footer