Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-07-19 04:37:03

Hasu-Take

Hello from Nashville

Hi everyone!  I'm Sarah and I'm very new to the shakuhachi - mine hasn't even arrived yet.  smile  But I've been enjoying the forum and I feel like I've learned a lot just from seeing what all of you have to say about flutemaking, jinashi, etc.  And from pestering Perry with questions, which he has very kindly and patiently answered.

I don't have any plans to study with a teacher as of now, but once I've learned the basics (you know, like making a sound...), I'd like to learn honkyoku.  I also just stumbled across a thread about there being a shakuhachi program on Radio Free Nashville, which I didn't know about, so I will have to check it out!

"Another Voice, when I am sleeping, cries,
'The Flower should open with the Morning skies.'
And a retreating Whisper, as I wake -
'The Flower that once has blown forever dies.'" - Omar Khayyam

#2 2009-07-19 07:26:46

nyokai
shihan
Website

Re: Hello from Nashville

Welcome, Sarah!

#3 2009-07-19 10:22:00

Kerry

Hi Sarah,
Welcome to the forum. I stopped doing Samurai Songs on Radio Free Nashville last month. It was on for almost a year. I still work in Nashville but I've moved out to 'the boonies' and it's just too much of a stretch right now. RFN has a nice little shakuhachi archive! Again, welcome smile

The temple bell stops, but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers. -Basho

#4 2009-07-20 11:11:39

Hasu-Take

Thank you for the welcome.  Kerry, I'm sorry I missed your show!  I can't believe I hadn't heard of it before...but I mostly just listen to the radio in the car and leave it on Lightning 100 (also independent, but not advertiser free).  Hopefully your show will be back!

"Another Voice, when I am sleeping, cries,
'The Flower should open with the Morning skies.'
And a retreating Whisper, as I wake -
'The Flower that once has blown forever dies.'" - Omar Khayyam

#5 2009-07-20 16:39:51

Yooper

I went to the RFN website and couldn't find the aforementioned shakuhachi archive.  Little help?

"Simple and artless."

#6 2009-07-20 20:10:14

Kerry

Yooper wrote:

I went to the RFN website and couldn't find the aforementioned shakuhachi archive.  Little help?

Yooper,
Sorry for the confusion. It's a set of saved broadcasts to be played in the overnight and pending slots of airtime as the program director chooses. It's not something the public can access. I considered podcasting in the beginning, but found out that was a big copyright issue to take on independently. One idea is to get a Napster account. They have a nice selection of shakuhachi music. smile

Last edited by Kerry (2009-07-20 20:12:00)

The temple bell stops, but the sound keeps coming out of the flowers. -Basho

Board footer