Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2009-09-21 18:48:34

twohats

"Moon on Water" Shakuhachi Dojo NYC

From Gary Yugetsu Sharp; My wife Allyson Nyosen and I are pleased to announce the opening of "Moon on Water" Shakuhachi Dojo.Our Goal is provide real traditional training in Shakuhachi Honkyoku and Sankyoku ensemble music . I have been studying for about 16 years and Allyson 20.We love the classical and Honkyoku pieces and have focused on this exclusively for many years.I have also practised Zazen for about 12 yrs.We recieved our teaching licenses from Ronnie Nyogetsu Seldin and continue advanced studies with he and Yoshio Kurahashi Sensei.Our students will have the same training and method that has been used for generations.We live in the Bronx right accross the river from Manhatten,public trans is convienent and we have private car park service.We are also trying to open Dojo branches in Florida and Smoky Mts Ashville NC area.Our family has a vacation home in Ft Pierce so it would be possible to teach in Florida on a regular basis.Also we have heard there is a large "Zen" community in Ashville NC;;;Anybody out there from Ashville,Cherokee or that general area??I would love to teach and perform down there.The reason we want to teach in Fla. and Ashville NC areas is that we could travel there on a regular basis and give the students a long-term committment and comprehensive course of study .We look forward to hearing from anyone interested. Ph# 718-584-9328 . E-mail; gsharp31@verizon.net  Peace; Gary and Allyson

Board footer