Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#26 2010-01-14 11:40:07

Taldaran

Re: Elbow Tendenitis

Glucosamine with chondroitin (dietary supplement) really helps with many joint problems. Check it out.

Christopher

“Whoever can see through all fear will always be safe.” Tao Te Ching

#27 2010-01-15 20:08:40

Kaz

If things become serious or you are willing to invest, I have had great experiences with rolfing.  It is a deep tissue massage that basically re-teaches you how to use your body and let go of tension etc... This would be similar to the massage books that have been suggested and general attention to how you hold your body - if you're lucky there might be a rolfer near where you live.

Ah, the ancient pond.
A frog makes the plunge;
The sound of water.

#28 2010-02-01 15:33:09

absoluteangel

As  remedial massage therapist theres a lot of things i can recommend if its still necessary. For the tension and for pain relief, magnesium is fantastic. Do some research into magnesium as see what benefits it has. Much better than cortisone. And most importantly water intake needs to be about a couple of litres a day. Magnesium helps us to rehydrate, and water is one of the best things to relieve pain and tightness.

I had a look at the article that someone posted the link for, on handcare for musicians. The stretches in there were pretty good.

I would also recommend you find a therapist qualified to do dry needling. Not acupuncture  but a body therapist who would actively work the joints and muscles with the needling. I have had good results looking after my hands and wrists by my therapist needling for injuries.

If they also used a technique called positional release technique ( otherwise known as strain/counterstrain) that would be a bonus.

Also for joint health I could recemmend you look at silica, msm, omega 3 oil, and someon has already mentioned the glucosamine and chondroitin. Glucosamine, when it works is amazingly effective, but it only seems to work for about 60% of people. But all the other things are really good for any connective tissue.

If you are open to it I might recommend some kinesiology work, which is great for among many other things, repatterning the body, retraining the brain.

I hope this is of help to you.

#29 2010-02-01 18:20:23

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Swim.

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

Board footer