World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-09-18 12:30:16

Mujitsu
Administrator/Flutemaker
Website

USA Midwest Performers

If you are a performer in USA Midwest please post here.

Please cut and paste the following into your post:
--------------------------------------------

NAME:

TRAVEL RADIUS:

AVAILABLE FOR:

PAY RANGE:

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS:

-------------------------------------------------

#2 2006-09-18 13:56:17

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: USA Midwest Performers

NAME: Brian Tairaku Ritchie

TRAVEL RADIUS: Milwaukee, The World, Other Planets

AVAILABLE FOR: Concerts, Workshops, Lessons, Recording, Producing, Composing

PAY RANGE: Depends on the project.

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS:

Jun Shihan in the Jin Nyodo branch of Kinko Ryu shakuhachi. I play traditional Japanese solo and ensemble music. I also have extensive experience performing shakuhachi in jazz, rock and improv settings.

Performance experience includes shakuhachi performances in the United States, Finland, Norway, Iceland, England, Belgium, Holland, France, Sri Lanka, Peru, Japan, and more.

I am available for the following:

Solo shakuhachi

Shakuhachi Club (jazz). Shakuhachi Club has branches in NYC, Reykjavik, San Francisco and Milwaukee. Australian branches opening soon. The Shakuhachi Club is a band which plays jazz, Japanese music, rock and blues with a strong improvisational edge. Shakuhachi takes the lead role. This band is available for any kind of headlining slot or support for any jazz, rock, folk, blues, world music acts. We have two CD's out, "Shakuhachi Club NYC" and "Ryoanji".

Shakuhachi and Pipe Organ Duo

Shakuhachi and Percussion Duo

Sankyoku Trio or Duet with Koto

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2006-09-21 21:51:51

chikuzen
Dai Shihan/Dokyoku
Website

If you are a performer in USA Midwest please post here.

Please cut and paste the following into your post:
--------------------------------------------

NAME:Michael Chikuzen Gould

TRAVEL RADIUS: 4 hr.by car

AVAILABLE FOR:   Concerts, workshops, lectures, lecture/demos, home concerts, private & group lessons, banquets, New Year's Parties, funerals,weddings, openings, closings, corporate gatherings.

PAY RANGE: variable according to budget and type of gig. but: no freebies; will not play for "all the sushi you can eat" and I know you don't have a budget but it's never just "good PR and you can sell your cds".

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: I have a Dai Shihan from Taniguchi Yoshinobu and have been teaching for 15 years. I specialize in Yokoyama Katsuyafied Dokyoku but teach a variety of Kinko, Meian, Tozan, and modern pieces for 13 & 17 string koto.  I have performed with Pipe Organ, percussion, guitar, Chinese harp, cello, american indian flute, piano and performed the world premier using koto and shakuhachi in the opera "Madame Butterfly". I also enjoy chanting and use much chanting in the teaching of the shakuhachi.

-------------------------------------------------

Michael Chikuzen Gould

#4 2010-04-20 14:55:21

Peter Phippen

NAME: Peter Phippen

TRAVEL RADIUS: I'll play anywhere,  but airfare, hotel and transportation will have to be added into your budget.

AVAILABLE FOR:  Recordings, concerts, school programs, workshops, flute folklore/fact/lecture/demo programs, home concerts, banquets, weddings, art openings, corporate gatherings.

PAY RANGE: I'm happy to work with you and your budget.  I do not play for free.

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: I play gentle improvisations on antique shakuhachi, antique/modern native American flutes including Anasazi replicas and antique "flutes of the world"... I also play modern bamboo and wooden "flutes of the world" if need be ... for more info please visit: www.peterphippen.com

#5 2014-01-13 14:36:01

Moran from Planet X
Website

NAME: X. Moran a.k.a. ランま , Knob-U-Ryu™

TRAVEL RADIUS: 20 minutes by bicycle.

AVAILABLE FOR: Live births, Christenings, Brit milahs, Quinceaneras, Sweet Sixteen parties, Bar Mitzvahs, Bas Mitzvahs, Graduations, Coming Out parties, Weddings (type: All), Cocktail Parties, Dinner Parties, Divorces, Annulments, Rent Parties, Retirement parties, Wakes, Funerals, Pet Neuterings and Natural Gas installations.

PAY RANGE: Unlike other performers listed here, I will work for exposure, because, frankly I'm not very good and I'll take my clothes off for anyone.

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: Knob-U-Ryu™ co-founder and member of the Nezasa Ha-Ha School of Stand-up Shakuhachi.

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I am all out of bubblegum." —Rowdy Piper, They Live!

#6 2017-02-28 15:57:00

jiasenghe
Website

NAME: Ji Senghe

TRAVEL RADIUS: 90 miles by car, travel expenses may be added for airfare, train, hotel...(negotiable)

AVAILABLE FOR: Performance, instruments, lessons and workshops; small gatherings, parties and celebrations.

PAY RANGE: 50-250 usd (negotiable)

DESCRIPTION, STYLE, OTHER DETAILS: I began playing shakuhachi in 1984. My music has a distinct and authentic Japanese sound and feel to it. One well known and prominent teacher and master told me that I could make 'honkyoku' music. My way is to listen to the master players carefully for nuances, special sounds and textures and weave them into my sound.

Last edited by jiasenghe (2017-02-28 16:05:18)

"Freedom, fluidity and intensity."

Board footer