Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2006-12-04 19:33:00

pablo63

used instruction books

I hope this is not out of line, asking this question in this section, I have already been graciously helped by members of this forum with advice & at 63 (64 in three weeks) am not too proud to request aid.  I have a native american flute in walnut in G purchased about 4 months ago for $140, it's in wonderful condition. I havn't picked it up since falling for the shakuhach. I'm making monthly payments to a member on a 2.4 Ken Lacross & own a 2.0 Peter Ross & a 1.8 maple.  I cannot afford lessons at the present time (hopefully that'll change soon) but would like to know if anyone has any old beginner instruction/ lesson books they will trade for the folk flute. I can get just wonderful tones but would like to learn properly.

#2 2006-12-05 00:03:56

Bogert

Re: used instruction books

I've got a Masayuki Koga book for beginners I suppose I could trade with you.  I will not be back in the states (if that's where your at) until this weekend though.  It is a good book, it has all the basic, lots of folk tunes, and about 6 sankyoku pieces notated in it.  Go ahead and e-mail me if you want.  I also have a John Kaizan Neptune beginners book if you want to go Tozan instead of Kinko.  I kinda want to hold on to that one alittle longer, just until I get better at reading Tozan notation, the timing still throws me off, I'm so used to Kinko notation. 
                                                                                                              Chris

理趣経百字の偈
菩薩勝慧者 乃至尽生死 恒作衆生利 而不趣涅槃 般若及方便 智度悉加持 諸法及諸有    一切皆清浄 欲等調世間 令得浄除故 
有頂及悪趣 調伏尽諸有 如蓮体本染 不為垢所染    諸欲性亦然 不染利群生 大欲得清浄 大安楽富饒 三界得自在 能作堅固利

Board footer