Mujitsu and Tairaku's Shakuhachi BBQ

World Shakuhachi Discussion / Go to Live Shakuhachi Chat

You are not logged in.

Tube of delight!

#1 2005-10-12 08:39:25

Andre

Enthusiastic beginner

Hello mebers and guests,

my name is Andre and I am from Cologne, Germany. Regardless that I am a greenhorn I recently purchased a 1.8 Kinko Ryu shakuhachi from Hiroshima via ebay. "She" (as you can see, I´m already in love with my shaku) is pretty nice, sounds beautiful, but she´s slightly out of tune. (as Shiku Yano -san told my after I gave it to him for a quick evaluation). O.K in the next few weeks and months I will try out the wet paper method to make the final fine tuning. And of course I practice every day using John Kaizan Neptunes tutorial.
In general, I would like to have contact to other shakuhachi players in Germany. May be this forum can help to find some.

Andre

Last edited by Andre (2005-10-12 09:26:08)

#2 2005-10-12 09:03:45

Tairaku 太楽
Administrator/Performer
Website

Re: Enthusiastic beginner

Andre wrote:

Hello mebers and guests,

my name is Andre and I am from Cologne, Germany. Regardless that I am a greenhorn I recently purchased a 1.8 tozan ryu shakuhachi from Hiroshima via ebay. "She" (as you can see, I´m already in love with my shaku) is pretty nice, sounds beautiful, but she´s slightly out of tune. (as Shiku Yano -san told my after I gave it to him for a quick evaluation). O.K in the next few weeks and months I will try out the wet paper method to make the final fine tuning. And of course I practice every day using John Kaizan Neptunes tutorial.
In general, I would like to have contact to other shakuhachi players in Germany. May be this forum can help to find some.

Andre

Hi Andre,

There is an excellent Dokyoku shakuhachi player in Frankfurt named Tony Clark. http://www.komuso.com/people/Clark,_Tony.html He studied with Iwamoto.  For more information on the European shakuhachi scene there is a dedicated mailing list called Euroshak on yahoo.com. It is administered by Kiku Day.

Regards,

Tairaku

'Progress means simplifying, not complicating' : Bruno Munari

http://www.myspace.com/tairakubrianritchie

#3 2005-10-13 12:35:56

Nyogetsu
Kyu Dan Dai Shihan
Website

Hi Andre,
I have a new student from Germany who has also just begun.I teach him via "computer" lessons. His name is Mike Mueller, and his email is <mikem@gmx.tm>

I do not know if he lives anywherenear you, but it would be great if you both could work together!

Cheers,
Ronnie Nyogetsu Reishin Seldin
<http://www.nyogetsu.com>

The magic's in the music and the music's in me...
"Do you believe in Magic"- The Lovin' Spoonful

#4 2005-10-13 14:12:01

Andre

Hi Ronnie,

thanks a lot for that hint. I will contact Mike and find out if we can work together.

Andre

P.S. Computer lessons? Sounds interesting. I will re visit your web page to find out more.

Board footer