Tube of delight!

• Index
  •  » History
  •  » "Encounter, the Zen Priests of Nothingness" ABC Radio broadcast

#1 2007-10-21 22:25:31

Riley Lee
Website

"Encounter, the Zen Priests of Nothingness" ABC Radio broadcast

The Australian Broadcasting Corporation radio programme, "Encounter, the Zen Priests of Nothingness", produced by Geoff Wood, will be replayed on ABC Radio National in January 2008.

This programme, first broadcast nationally throughout Australia in April of this year, is entirely about the shakuhachi, in particular aspects relating to the komuso and their Buddhist connections.

It features interviews with Yokoyama Katsuya, Kurahashi Yoshio, Kakizakai Kaoru, Eko Hirasomi (Head Priest at Myoanji temple in Kyoto), Christopher Blasdel, Ronnie Seldin, Riley Lee, James Franklin and Margaret Tung, (Australian shakuhachi player).

The broadcasts will be on Sunday 13 January 2008 at 7.00 am, and again Wednesday 16 January 2008 7.00pm. The programme can be heard online or downloaded for four weeks after the first broadcast.
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/encounter/default.htm

There is already a transcript of the programme on the ABC website too, though of course, the transcript doesn't have the music or the voices of the original broadcast.
http://www.abc.net.au/rn/encounter/stor … 882869.htm - 49k - [ html ] - 1 Apr 2007

At the risk of duplicating myself, I am posting this on the Events, Zen Buddhist and History lists.

I'll send another reminder closer to the date - if I remember.....

#2 2007-11-19 09:34:52

david

Re: "Encounter, the Zen Priests of Nothingness" ABC Radio broadcast

Sounds excellent! I was always wondering why there haven't been any good documentaries! Will this be available for purchase? I hope!

david
'Listen to the words of no man; listen only to the sounds of the wind and the waves of the sea.,~Claude Debussy

• Index
  •  » History
  •  » "Encounter, the Zen Priests of Nothingness" ABC Radio broadcast

Board footer